Wednesday, March 3, 2010

A Slice of Who I Am...

This is my eighth year of teaching. My first seven years were all in sixth grade and this year I made the jump to second. I am licensed to teach k-12 with emphasis in mathematics and language arts. I teach in a school district that is actively trying to implement technology. Our goal is for every classroom to have sound, Smartboards, N-computing, and document cameras. At this point my classroom has N-computing and a Smartboard. Our school is trying to mount a new Smartboard in each grade level each school year...sound is the last priority. I love seeing the interaction kids have with the Smartboard and believe it opens up quite a bit of new opportunities for the students learning.

1 comment:

  1. I think Smart Boards are great! I am also jealous you teach elementary school. Presently, I teach high school, but my dream job would be Kindergarten! Best of luck using the technology... I still don't think I have the hang of the RSS feed. Hopefully I figure it out soon!

    ReplyDelete